Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ouch! Or: Why You Should Read Warning Labels

So I've been on sick leave the four days I was supposed to fly this week, and if you look to the left you can see why. Erik and I rented a one-man post hole digger last Friday to install a fence around our yard. It's the kind with a small lawn mower engine and after running it for 1/2 an hour or so, we turned it off to take a small break. Word to the wise: when you reach for the pull cord to re-start a motor like that, do not brace yourself on top of the already hot motor! I've never had a burn like this before and God, did it hurt!! If you look very closely toward the center of my palm you can faintly see a mirror image of the word H-O-T burned into my hand. Yeah - go ahead and laugh. The irony of it is funny. Anyway, I should be able to go back to work when I go back on call this Saturday at midnight, but I'll still have to wear a good band-aid to keep from grossing the passengers out.

No comments: