Monday, January 12, 2009

No Flying for Me Today!

I did end up getting to be home all day yesterday, and ended up getting awarded an RNF day for today - which basically equals a day off in the middle of my block of reserve days. I debated about whether I should bid for a no-fly day or not because it will cost me 4 hours of my hourly guarantee for the month, but in the end I just couldn't resist since those offers have been so rare lately, what with the reserve grid being constantly low during the holidays. And I only half-believed I would get it since more flight attendants are figuring out how to do it and I'm so low on the seniority list.

But I am making sure I am enjoying the hell out of my surprise day off - even if I do feel a tad guilty about losing that money. I've run errands around town this morning, and am currently sitting in the public library making good use of their computers since I had to stop and try to find a new book on CD to listen to anyway.

In just a moment I am headed back home to let the puppy out of his kennel, then I fully intend to kick off my shoes, make another pot of coffee, and snuggle on the couch with a good book for the rest of the day!

Then tomorrow, I'll be ready for that 4 am short call! (Which I will probably STILL complain about, knowing me!)

1 comment:

Susan said...

So did your short call come as expected? I got one at 6:28AM to be here at 8:30AM to fly the couch...I arrived with 3 minutes to spare! (I'm starting to get a "not so good" attitude...please save me!!!)