Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's on YOUR iPod?

I think it's an interesting snapshot of our culture these days of how many people have iPods to keep them entertained during down times - like airplane rides. And I definitely count myself among those "people." But let me be clear - I'm not passing judgment. I just think it's interesting, probably because I see so many of them in my line of work. There are so many different kinds now, too: original "old school" iPods, old nanos, new nanos, old shuffles, new shuffles, off-brand mp3s, you name it.

So, as I work through the cabin passenger by passenger serving drink after drink, interrupting jam session after jam session, I find myself wondering,

"What's on their iPod?" Maybe it's the sociologist in me that's wondering, or maybe I'm just damn nosy. Either way, I want to know, so please comment on this post and help me with my ponderings.

And just in case the curiosity is universal, here's what's on my iPod this week: Bette Midler (of course); Barenaked Ladies; Prince; Mac Davis; the complete soundtracks to Wicked, Into the Woods, Dreamgirls - the movie, and Hairspray, the movie; Dixie Chicks; Blood, Sweat and Tears; Cake; Queen; Linda Ronstadt; Weird Al; and even a little of my beloved Scott Bakula, in the form of 3 episodes of Quantum Leap and a song called "Pig Island."

2 comments:

Nicole said...

ok Kelly, I'll join in :) I have a high capacity iPod, so there's a lot, but I'll give a brief overview:
lots of Jimmy Buffett, Joan Baez, Emmylou Harris, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Refreshments, Rainville, John Common, Angie Stevens and the Beautiful Wreck, John Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen, Cake, Joan Osborne, Beastie Boys, Greenday, Be Good Tanyas, Aimee Mann, Bacon Brothers (yes, Kevin Bacon, he's quite good), the Doors, Old Crow Medicine Show, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Steve Earle, Sugarland, Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five, to name a few. And few I love the 80's collections and 90's ultra alternative collections. Have I piqued your intrest?

Nicole

Scavok said...

Let's see... I don't have an iPod, but I listen to Rhapsody a lot at work. Currently, I've been listening to a lot of Flaming Lips, Catfish Hodge, Dennis Wilson, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Dylan, Billy Bragg, Jethro Burns, Steve Goodman, John Prine, Hoodoo Gurus, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Nylons, PDQ Bach, Puke & Snot, Robert Earl Keen, Maria Mckee, Television, Ramones, Old Crow Medicine Show, Foo Fighters, and the "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" podcast. Also, been getting back into Aaron Copeland thanks to the inauguration.