Saturday, February 14, 2009

No, I'm Not Dead

I've just been taking a break from posting. Things here in our household have been routine: go on call, stress waiting for phone to ring, phone rings, drive to airport, get on plane, deal with passengers, finish trip, drive home, enjoy all too short days off, rinse and repeat.

In light of the very tragic and sad or potentially sad airliner crashes that have occurred lately, I can honestly say I'm happy for routine. Passengers for the most part have been attentive and courteous; flight crews have been the same. I'm grateful.

I did get an unexpected bonus today - I got to be home with my family all day today for Valentines Day! Our time together actually started last night with Hanna's Band Fund-raiser: Mystery Dinner Theater Night. All 3 of us, plus some friends from church, attended last night's opening performance and what a hoot it was. The premise, of course, was muurrrddeeerrrr.. Hanna played "Hil D. Glum", a young girl who recently moved to this new school from Oshkosh, WI; Hil D. is a 4-H enthusiast and makes all of her own clothes. Her secret desire is to be a runway model, and when someone spikes everybody's punch with a secret "passion" potion, everyone's secret desires start coming out. Hil D. ended up not being either the murderer or the victim last night but she still did great. And I think this unusual fund-raising idea has been a big enough success that they will definitely be able to go up to the mountains for competition and a day of snow skiing.

Today has been quiet with a lot of lying about and snuggling together - me, Erik, Maggie and the dog. No cards or presents, but I don't mind that. Erik decided to stay home with us instead of going goose hunting on the last day of the season and that is a wonderful gift all by itself.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Welcome back! Your weekend sounds like it was wonderful...you are indeed, a very lucky woman!