Monday, May 18, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For...

I just got my Reserve schedule for June. Erik has vacation the 2nd week of June so he had asked me to request as many of those days off as I could. Following my friend EC's advice on bidding tips, I asked for June 4th thru 10th, then said I would be willing to have 2 instances of only single days off. This is what I was awarded (keeping in mind I'm 9th from the bottom of our FA seniority list):

June 1st and 2nd: RSV (2 days)

June 3rd thru 11th: OFF (9 days in a row!)

June 12th thru 17th: RSV (6 days in a row)

June 18th: OFF (1 day)

June 19th thru 24th: RSV (6 days in a row)

June 25th: OFF (1 day)

June 26th thru 30th: RSV (5 days in a row)


WHOA.....I have 2 days off out of 17. Yikes.....That'll teach me to listen to EC! LOL

Granted, I may very well not be flying all of those 17 days. It depends on how busy the airline is, etc. It's entirely possible I will end up being at home on some of my reserve days, but you never know in this industry. And being home and on call is just not the same as being OFF.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited to have basically the whole first part of June off, but leery about the possibilities for the last half! Like I said - be careful what you wish for.....

(Here's where I bring out my motto: No matter how good or bad it gets, this too will end.)

2 comments:

Susan said...

You are very brave...I have not submitted any bids other than "days off." I can't believe you got 9 days in a row off!!!

Kelly said...

My "fridge list" for June is very funny looking. Every time I look at it I think, OMG.....what have I done?