Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I'm too tired to write much this evening, but wanted to take a second before heading to my barca-lounger in the crew room quiet room (again) to say, "A very Happy New Year."

I got back from another 3 day trip today where my victory lap to Orange County got cancelled because of extreme fog. Should have been good news, no? It was, I guess, except I had to sit the couch from 6 to midnight. My family is all in Dallas celebrating the new year with friends and I'm joining them on the first flight out in the morning. Of course, when I found out our SNA turn was kaput, I was crossing my fingers hoping to be released right away so I could catch at 7 pm flight tonight, but it was not to be. I guess in the long run I wouldn't have wanted any of my loved ones on the highway tonight anyway. And my classmate, Renate, was assigned the couch tonight and she brought lots of goodies to share with everyone - including sparkling cider! What a generous and fun idea! It was so crazy that from 6 to 8:30 there were 8 of us couching it! Good times, good times!

So, happy new year to everyone, and may 2009 bring you more love, laughter, good times, free time and blessings than you can possibly handle. And may Frontier have their best year ever so we can bring furloughed folks back and have new hire classes so all us reserve folks can finally be lineholders!

Peace.

No comments: