Thursday, December 25, 2008

Still Trying to Focus on the Positive

Merry Christmas to all, from Kansas City, Missouri today. My shuttle to the airport is in 15 minutes and thought I would send some good cheer since I am feeling a little down about being so far from home on this Christmas Day, after not having been home since Monday morning.

I am still trying to stay positive and focus on the fact that less then 12 hours from now, I should be home and snuggled in close to my hubby's warm and fuzzy body. Our children should be nestled and snug in their beds, and my faithful puppy should be dozing at mine and my love's feet. Or, more likely, he'll be snuggled in between us, and Erik's will NOT be the warm and fuzzy body I'm snuggled against! :)

Fun is on the way, though. Our Captain, having missed out on turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, brought an entire Christmas dinner with him on this trip with enough for all of us: turkey, Honey Baked ham, green beans, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, and even brownies. Most everything is pre-cooked or canned, and the plan is to warm everything in the plane ovens on our trip to Portland tonight and enjoy Christmas dinner "together" then. And even the brownies should be easy to do; it's a pre-mixed, bake it right in the pan thing. How nice!

Tomorrow Erik and I will do some last minute shopping for the family, then we'll open our presents and have family Christmas dinner tomorrow evening. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hang in there, Kelly! What a great Captain you have...that was really thoughtful of him to have a festive meal for all of you!!! That was a blessing.