Friday, January 2, 2009

Good Times in Texas

I made it to our friends' house in Texas yesterday morning after a nearly sleepless night in the crew room. We've been having a terrific time catching up.

Mike has a promotion with his job - Congratulations! He is now the National Sales Manager for the hat line for Resistol/Ranch Brand cowboy hats, and is as excited as a kid planning a visit to Santaland. Shauna's Pampered Chef business continues to go well and keeps her busy. Taylor, Maggie's BFF, is growing into quite the beautiful young woman, and Bailey, their youngest, is still the cute Cabbage Patch Doll who keeps us laughing with her sunny disposition. I love and miss these guys so very much.

Yesterday we spent time playing Rock Band, then went out to dinner. Frisco has the most amazing Christmas light display in their City Center - with the flashing lights set to music on one of the FM radio stations. Jaw droppingly impressive, I thought.

It's a joy to see Erik having so much fun hanging out with his "bud", and as I write this, the two of them have invented some excuse to go for a ride and get away from all this estrogen. They make me smile....

We're headed home tonight because unfortunately I am on duty again already tomorrow - but for only 4 days again, hallelujah. Then I can finally have three off in a row.

2009 is off to a very pleasant start.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ah...reading your blog makes me miss my good friends. The kind where you can pick up where you left off, even if it has been years.

That is one of the biggest benefits of this job - the ability to travel to see those people. Now if we could just get a bit more control over our schedules so that we could spend some quality time at these places... :)