Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reunion Pictures

As promised, here are a couple of pictures of my big reunion with my friend, Tony, on my Phoenix layover last week. Naturally, I was nervous for nothing, and found out he had been nervous all day, too. After hugging for a very long, glorious time, we went to a nearby Starbucks where we spent the next couple of hours catching each other up on the big happenings in our lives in the last decade. Then we went to a really, really nice restaurant to meet his husband, Alan, for dinner. They've been together for 12 years and it's apparent they have a wonderful, loving relationship. They shared their "story" with me, then stories and pictures of their children - two of the cutest doggies on the planet.

After buying me one of the most delicious dinners and wine I've had in a long time, Alan sweetly excused himself from dinner to give Tony and me MORE time to catch up if we wanted it - which of course we did, but after the stress of the day plus wine, my eyes were closing. We didn't stay too long after Alan left, then Tony returned me to my hotel, with lots of warm feelings re-kindled and promises to stay in touch this time and visit again very soon.

We both felt like we had never been apart, and it felt so nice to see his handsome face again. And I really liked Alan. Hope we can do it again sooner rather than later.

Here are the two best pix of the night:

Tony and Alan at the restaurant Tony and me sharing a good-bye hug

3 comments:

Susan said...

Catching up with long lost friends is fun! I get to have lunch with an old girlfriend this week - she found me on Facebook, too!

The Flying Pinto said...

Hey! Welcome to the world of blogging...and flying! Good to have you: )I'll link ya!

Emily said...

I was so happy for you to meet up with him. I bet it was so wonderful to see him again!